Sunday, January 23, 2011

gotta be done

Tonight is hopefully the end of the record. Cutting it close.
My buddy James was in today to lend some bgvs on the song, "dogs".
And then it was all said and done but I wasnt quite feeling good about the song, "knots". So I did something rad. I cut Back a ton of instruments in the mix right down to bass and drums and then recorded a live off the floor take of vocals and acoustic at the se time and i got lucky that it was a good enough take. No mistakes. Love it. I've ended up stripping down this record so much to just the bones of drums, vocals and acoustic. With a few other elements now and again. And I really love that I've got it Back to acoustic basics cause the whole album was written this summer in such a stripped simple fashion.

Soon.




-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment