Wednesday, February 10, 2010

hi dummies

I wanted to give another update. I've noticed that songs are starting to come together and add up nicely for the next record. As I look back, I started work on writing for ghost party back in the spring of 2008 and the previous album was finished in the summer of 2007. So there is about a one year of time off from writing. So this hasn't been too much different.

Anyway I have a few ideas that are shaping pretty well.

"in the belly of the whale" is done and a good demo has been recorded. I talked about this tune in my previous post.

"no" is a tune I wrote back in the fall and it's been demoed and shows some promise.

"oh my" is a cool folky tune that needs some verses but has potential.

"you're the one I need" besides a cliche lyric or two this one had a rad melody and a different sounding song than I've done before.


There's some other demos and ideas that need to be worked on. But I'm happy to be this far ahead. I'm just in the thinking pondering sketching stage of a record. Nothing that will see the light of day in 2010.


Peace.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment