Friday, March 13, 2009

organ donor


almost two years ago, my friend darin was given this old organ from an old baptist church. he then donated it to my studio.

i didn't think much of it at the time because it was kind of old-school keane sounding and didn't really fit my style.

It wasn't till just recently that I have been able to put the keys through an old eq box and then split the channel before it heads in the board. some post production on the track has allowed me to pan expand, add reverb and a tube warm up to the track which gives it this authentic 70's warm bob dylan organ sound.

it has been the prize of this new record and it really gets featured on almost every song!

i love this thing and im glad to have it in the studio and i hope it sticks around for a long time.

thanks darin.

ps. my cousin jason said that it's a missionary organ, but he didn't go into too much detail about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment