Friday, February 06, 2009

Joy or

I'm filled with both joy and discouragement. I'm happy because I think this record has turned out to be the best thing I've ever done. But I'm discouraged because i'm nervous about going through all the hard work to promote it and print it and get it for people to hear. Hopefully that will just work itself out.

I'm also nervous about getting money for the costs of printing the cd. I don't want to just do iTunes because I'm proud of what is bring recorded and I want to have it in real life.

All that to say that todays sessions were really great. I did a bunch of mixing "shine the light" and recorded lots of drums and electrics for the song but in the end I took them all out and kept it really simple and it sounds really nice. Like a gospel tune.

Then as I was quickly recording an acoustic track for "listen to my heart" I started to write a new song and in another ten mins or so I had a new quiet simple little tune about love called "get by".

So it was a great day and i've really been making huge progress.

I can't wait for people to hear this.

No comments:

Post a Comment