Saturday, November 01, 2008

Just Another Update

It's getting cold here in the city and the cold is a perfect preface for Christmas. I love the malls and the streets as they get their Burl Ives on and get all decorated.

I just got out of the studio for the first time since I finished the Northern Sky EP. Today, I was mixing some sessions I did with the Valley Boys back in April of this year. We did some gospel tunes and some Cash covers.

I hope to get back working on some tunes of my own by the end of this year, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. I just haven't been writing anything of worth as of late.

Last night I listened to the whole of "Miles from Today", and I realized that it's going to take a lot of time to make an album that I feel is a better foot forward than that record. I really enjoyed making it and I feel like I did the best I could to make that record. So that means I can't really release anything below par, if that album is par for me. I need to do something better then that. And that is a tough challenge for me right now. As my creativity level is very low.

I have some ideas as to how I want it to sound - and I have some songs already done that sound pretty great - I just don't know how they fit into the big picture.

So who knows that the future holds? I don't.

My plans for next year is to continue to work on a record that hopefully can be done for the late summer or early fall 2009.

The new LONESOMETOWN will be released on iTunes this December, which I am excited about.

And also, there is a new "best of" album that I am putting together for a FREE digital release in early 2009. It will be an introductory digital album that will take some of the best from the last 2 full lengths and the last 2 EP's and then a new unreleased song. This will be an album that people can download for free. Should be good. More details on that later.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment