Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Some records I've been liking, no loving







 

 



A Fine Frenzy - One Cell in the Sea.
 
It's a beautiful record. I am getting sort of tired of the overall sound. But she is real. Very excellent classic-female-high-class-mellow-piano-pop. I love this record. Got it for $6 at Cheapies Record Store.



J Roddy Walston & The Business - Hail Mega Boys
 
Strokes-esque, less phony rock and fudge roll. I love this record. This record is so indie you can only buy it from their site. The cover is wretched, but boy/girl can they write a great tune.
It just came in the mail today. I think it will stick around for a while. Welcome. I love you.



Bad Religion - New Maps of Hell 
I got this back in July and I rocked like a teenager all through summer. In da pool.


Ryan Bingham - Mescalito  Great Waits/LaMontagne husky vocals laid upon some subtle americana/mexicana instrumentation. Very summer-esque for the back porch. It sounds as if Ryan is singing the whole record with straw in his mouth. Gorgeous. This could be a soundtrack to a movie taking place in New Mexico or West Texas.




These are all really killer records. Bad Religion if you like old man punk. Ryan Bingham if you like Americana Roots music. A Fine Frenzy if you miss Lilith Fair. J Roddy, because I said this is rocking it's way into the years best record.

No comments:

Post a Comment