Sunday, February 04, 2007

It's minus 35 where I'm going...


I am excited to tell you that I have been invited to come to Melfort, SASK. for a special fundraiser show.

My aunt Denise DeGraaf is walking from Burlington, ON. to Melfort, SK, (3000KMS!)

Her town is having a fund raiser dinner for her walk this feb. 15th, 2007 in Melfort, SK and I am being flown out there to play at this event.

I am excited for the primary reason that I get to go see my aunt and uncle. But it is also going to be great to finally play a show again. It has been a while since I have played a set, and I look forward to it. I will have to practice first.

I am looking forward to the show and to seeing family, but I am not looking forward to the Prairie Wind, I think Neil Young's description of the Prairies comes from the summer and not the dead of winter. I have checked the weather and I it looks like I will be staying inside the whole time I am there. It will be -35 without the windchill next week. Ouch.

Look forward to going and I look forward to playing again.

Preparing for this show has given me the bug to play a bit more again and to get out of the studio. So, I am looking to play 2 CHAPTERS BOOKSTORES shows sometime in late March. The two cities are yet to be confirmed, but you will hear soon.

bye now.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, cold is the weather of the month! But we are a warm enough people. Today I put out a list of food supplies needed to feed the 300 anticipated guests at the Spaghetti Supper & Concert and by the end of the day it was all donated! This church is an amazing group of generous people!
    Its going to be a great night Scott! Thank the Lord for His boutiful care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me rewrite that, "Thank the Lord for His BOUNTIFUL care!"

    ReplyDelete