Sunday, June 25, 2006

Recording at the cottage

I did some demos with my buddy Ben a few weeks back. He got stoked and wanted to come back and do some serious takes for an EP. So I suggested that we go up to his cottage in Perth and spend a few days last week to get some recording done.
We left on Wednesday and were back Friday and we worked for like 30 hrs and got 4 songs completely tracked! We made a killer drum kit by the use of a snare and a ride and a pizza box for a kick drum. We had a blast and the place was so beautiful. We would do some takes and then go sit on the porch and have a brew and then repeat that routine a couple dozen times. I will let you see the pics to explain it all!
Not only was it a great time but we got some really great music made. I will post some audio samples in a few days and some more pics.





































































4 comments:

  1. hey buddy
    It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love the one of you holding the deer and the gun.
    I might be coming out to Josh's house Aug the week of the 21st. So if you feel like driving out for a few days that would be sweet, but I understand if you don't want to because it is a long ways. anyways, I love you and Lizzie and I'll call some time to catch up.
    love ya
    amie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

    ReplyDelete